• Home
  • -
  • 19.5 KW System Using Solaria, Enphase and Unirac

Last Updated undefined NaN, NaN

19.5 KW System Using Solaria, Enphase and Unirac

The system is a 19.5 KW system. Using Solaria panels PowerXT-325R-PX, Enphase Microinverters, and Unirac rails. I set up the 60 panel system with the panels in groups of 10. Each group then went to a Enphase aggregator. Each aggregator can handle 3 connections, so I had two aggregators. Each aggregator was wired into a 50 amp breaker in a panel inside my shop. The Enphase Envoy was also wired into the panel. I installed a production CT (current Transformer) and a consumption pair of CTs.


Renvu was a pleasure to deal with and provided almost all of the hardware. In doing cost comparison, I found all their costs to be very competitive. The only hardware I didn’t buy were some SnapNRack S100 mounts for the Unirac L feet as they didn’t sell them, but instead sell a different type.


Comments on the install:


I installed the bottom rail as black to improve the looks from the ground and to save cost by not installing all rails as black. In hindsight I should have just left the clamping hardware black and used the Unirac clear rail on all the rails. It didn’t make that much difference and would have simplified the install.


Originally I was going to install the L feet directly to the metal shop roof and seal the connection. The feet were too wide to fit between the ridges on the panel. I then decided to install either the Renvu S5 mount or the SnapNRack. I opted for the SnapNRack as it’s simpler. In either case the flat part of the metal would not always line up with the roof joist. Since this was a shop and I had easy access to the underside of the roof, I installed one foot of 2x6 blocking at those locations. The blocks were both screwed and glued to the roof joist in those locations to provide adequate support and bonding for the 3.5” lag bolts.


One trick I used was to cut some scrap 1” by 1” into custom lengths for use in measuring. For example on the spacing between the rails I cut a piece to the correct dimension and then used it to set the distances instead of using a tape measure on each one. This is a lot handier when working alone. I also used a piece like this to space and mark the microinverter locations.


Overall the hard part of the installation was mounting the rail feet and the rails as mentioned above. Installing the Enphase microinverters and Enphase cable was a snap. I really like that system.


Hope this helps any others doing a system.

- Dan