SMA Sunny Boy 5.0kW String Inverter w/ SPS 3 MPPT
Note: Mounting bracket is now integrated into the rear of the case (it used to be a separate metal bracket).
The SMA Sunny Boy 5.0-US is a transformer-less PV inverter which converts the direct current of the PV array to grid-compliant alternating current and feeds it into the utility grid. The SMA 5.0 inverter is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
The new SMA Sunny Boy 5.0 allows for direct access via smartphone, has 3 MPPT inputs and has integrated DC disconnect that simplifies equipment stocking and allows for a single inverter part number. The installation has been streamlined by allowing for direct access via smartphone and utilization of SMA's Installation Assistant, which minimizes time/labor spent in the field and speeds the path to commissioning.The improved communication capabilities on the SMA 5.0 remove the need to install additional equipment. Also, by implementing 3 MPP trackers, the SMA Sunny Boy 5.0-US allows for an easier install on tricky roofs with three different orientations.
- SMA Sunny Boy SB-5.0-US 1-Ph Grid Tied Inverter,
- Sunspec Certified
- integrated DC Disconnect
- 2,000W SPS (Secured Power Supply) 16A
- 3 MPPTs (100V minimum voltage) w/ Opti Track Global Peak
- 10 Year Warranty
- Arc-Fault Protection (AFCI)
- Built in Ethernet / WLAN (WiFi) communication included
- SB 5.0-1SP-US-41
- Other models (release in 2016) SB 5.0-1SP-US-41, SB 3.8-1SP-US-41, SB 6.0-1SP-US-41, SB 5.0-1SP-US-41, SB 7.0-1SP-US-41, SB 7.7-1SP-US-41
• World's first Secure Power Supply now offers up to 2,000 W
• Full grid management capabilities ensures a utility-compliant solution for any market
• New Installation Assistant with direct access via smartphone minimizes time in the field
• Integrated disconnect simplifies equipment stocking and speeds installation
• SMA's proprietary OptiTracTM Global Peak technology mitigates shade with ease
• Multiple independent MPPTs accommodate hundreds of stringing possibilities
• Two-part enclosure concept allows for simple, expedited servicing
• Enhanced AFCI technology reduces false tripping while improving sensitivity in real arcs, greatly reducing unneeded service calls
SMA Sunny Boy 5.0-US and Rule 21:
The Sunny Boy 5.0-US SMA inverter is one of the smart inverters approved by Rule 21. California's new Electric Rule 21 was created to ensure a safer, more reliable grid by facilitating a bidirectional communications link between the inverters and the utility. Therefore, the Sunny Boy 5.0-US not only provides in depth monitoring data for the home, or business owner, but the SMA 5.0 also allows utilities access to accurate energy production levels from residential solar systems.
This smart inverter-utility interconnectivity will streamline future grid functionality and limit power surges, voltage sags, and grid blackouts.