SMA Sunny Boy 7.0kW String Inverter w/ SPS 3 MPPT
Note: Mounting bracket is now integrated into the rear of the case (it used to be a separate metal bracket).
- SMA Sunny Boy SB-7.0-US 1-Ph Grid Tied Inverter,
- Sunspec Certified
- integrated DC Disconnect
- 2,000W SPS (Secured Power Supply) 16A
- 3 MPPTs (100V minimum voltage) w/ Opti Track Global Peak
- 10 Year Warranty
- Arc-Fault Protection (AFCI)
- Built in Ethernet / WLAN (WiFi) communication included
- SB 7.0-1SP-US-41
- Other models (release in 2016) SB 5.0-1SP-US-41, SB 3.8-1SP-US-41, SB 6.0-1SP-US-41, SB 5.0-1SP-US-41, SB 7.0-1SP-US-41, SB 7.7-1SP-US-41
• World's first Secure Power Supply now offers up to 2,000 W
• Full grid management capabilities ensures a utility-compliant solution for any market
• New Installation Assistant with direct access via smartphone minimizes time in the field
• Integrated disconnect simplifies equipment stocking and speeds installation
• SMA's proprietary OptiTracTM Global Peak technology mitigates shade with ease
• Multiple independent MPPTs accommodate hundreds of stringing possibilities
• Two-part enclosure concept allows for simple, expedited servicing
• Enhanced AFCI technology reduces false tripping while improving sensitivity in real arcs, greatly reducing unneeded service calls
SMA Sunny Boy 7.0-US and Rule 21:
The Sunny Boy 7.0-US SMA inverter is one of the smart inverters approved by Rule 21. California's new Electric Rule 21 was created to ensure a safer, more reliable grid by facilitating a bidirectional communications link between the inverters and the utility. Therefore, the Sunny Boy 7.0-US not only provides in depth monitoring data for the home, or business owner, but the SMA 7.0 also allows utilities access to accurate energy production levels from residential solar systems.
This smart inverter-utility interconnectivity will streamline future grid functionality and limit power surges, voltage sags, and grid blackouts.