2. Ensure your inverter is supports the Speedwire Webconnect Piggy-back card.
3. Provide Cable for the inverter.
4. Mark one end as follows:
5. Note the connection point:
6. One end is a standard CAT 5 jack using the 568B protocol
7. Network topology, Piggy back cards cannot be daisy chained
8. NOTE: There is a flashing Amber lite on the back of the module - if there is internet connection then there is a solid green LED as well on the front.
9. Registering to the Sunny Portal
Speedwire Piggy Back card firmware update instructions
The Speedwire Piggy Back card (SBPB-US-10) firmware is attached. Please follow the instructions below to complete the update.
Firmware Update Instructions
A. Download and install Sunny Explorer,
a. download now
B. Save the firmware file to your desktop,
C. Finding a Webconnect Plant (see attached Sunny Explorer - Finding a Webconnect Plant document)
D. When in Sunny Explorer go to Tools -> Device Update (see attached Firmware update screenshots)
E. Browse to the .up2 file on your desktop and install it.
Note: if the inverters have a padlock, the update will not take. You will need the PV System password used in step 3 of the plant setup assistant when the plant was setup on Sunny Portal.
Firmware is too old
The inverter is not compatible with the SWPB module:
Side View of the install: