If your Enphase microinverter or Envoy has stopped working and is not reporting, here are the simple steps to troubleshoot:
1. Check if your Envoy is online
First, make sure that your house is connected to the internet. Perhaps your internet has gone down.
Then, verify that your system is connected to the internet by checking MyEnlighten. If you see a message saying “Your system hasn’t reported data to Enlighten since … Is your Internet Connection down?” your Envoy is down and just needs to be reconnected.
2. Check if your microinverters and Envoy are communicating
Go into MyEnlighten and if you see a message “Some microinverters (...) aren’t reporting data to the Envoy” it means that the Envoy is too far from the load center or there is interference.
• Move your Envoy closer to the electrical panel
• Make sure your Envoy is plugged directly into an outlet as opposed to an extension cord, power strip or surge protector
• Unplug and any other devices plugged into the same outlet as your Envoy
• Note that old/failing compact fluorescent lights may cause interference, so if you do have any installed in your home, it is best to replace them
3. Enphase microinverter troubleshooting
If you have narrowed the issue down to a microinverter, we have a guide on how to solve the issue: How To Troubleshoot an Inoperable Enphase Microinverter
4. Get professional help
If all else fails, contact your installer if you worked with one, or find an Enphase installer through their network. Your microinverter or Envoy might have stopped working and needs to be retired.
Note that if an Enphase device fails, the installer must contact Enphase customer service to obtain an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number and start the replacement process. Tampering with or opening the Enphase Microinverter yourself will void the warranty.