This is a quick, visual summary on the most important DOs and DON'Ts of putting up and mounting your SMA Sunny Boy -US Inverter. Watch the Sunny Boy SB 3.0/3.8/5.0/6.0/7.0/7.7-US Install Video or read the full SMA Sunny Boy-US Installation Manual for further instructions, clarifications and information.
SMA Sunny Boy Inverter Location:
• Do not mount the product in areas containing highly flammable materials or gases.
• Do not mount the product in potentially explosive atmospheres.
• The SMA inverter must be mounted on a solid support surface ( concrete, brickwork, and other suitable constructions) that can support the weight and dimensions of the inverter
• Note that if the SMA inverter is mounted such that it is exposed to solar irradiation, it can overheat and reduce its power output.
• The temperature should be between -25°C (-13°F) and +45°C (113°F).
• The DC load-break switch of the inverter must always be freely accessible.
• The inverter must be easily accessible, without the need for auxiliary equipment such as scaffolding or lifting platforms
Recommended Distance Clearances for SMA Sunny Boy Inverter:
For the best performance and heat dissipation for the inverter, it is best to follow the following distances between inverters and ends of walls:
Allowed Positions of SMA Sunny Boy Inverter:
• The inverter must be mounted upright on a wall.
• Do not mount the inverter tilted sideways, forward, or laying flat.
• A 15 degree tilt backwards is allowed however.
Allowed Spacing of Multiple SMA Sunny Boy Inverters:
• Do not mount multiple inverters directly above one another.
• Do not position the Sunny Boy 7.0-US and 7.7-US in a closely spaced area, including spacing from top to bottom.