TE SOLARLOK 2.0 Delatch Gauge Disconnecting and Testing Tool.
Use to verify the Solar PV Cable is within the maximum and minimum range allowed to be used with the TE SOLARLOK 2.0 Solar Connectors. Measure the length of the cable to be inserted, test the termination and disconnect Positive (FEMALE) and Negative (MALE) connectors.
1. Verify your PV cable is clean and within the minimum and maximum range.
2. Measure the length of the cable to insert using the side of the TE Connectivity delatch-tool PN 2342988-1 or by the mark on the connector.
3. Insert the Solar PV Cable into the connector. The Cable must be firmly inserted till positive stop is felt.
3. Using standard Slip-pliers-tool, which has smooth vertical moving beaks set to close below 26mm or use the TE handtool PN 2341979-1 (recommended), press the button on the connector till the top of the button is flush with the top of the housing. Hold for 1-2 seconds. Do not stop half way.
4. Optional - Use the “Go-No Go” option of the delatch-tool PN 2342988-1. Move the oval shape section of the delatch-tool over the SOLARLOK connector top and move towards the cable. When the SOLARLOK connector is properly terminated, the delatch-tool will smoothly slide over the button. When incorrect terminated, the delatch-tool will NOT slide over the button, and connector is not approved for usage.
Replacement and Repair:
A damaged or defective connector must not be used. The connector cannot be repaired. The connector must not be re-used by removing or lifting the buttons before or after termination. Cut off the connector and replace it with a new one.
TE Connectivity’s (TE) SOLARLOK 2.0 connector is a tool-less field installable product using Insulation Displacement Contact (IDC) technology. Offering the installer an easy, quick and reliable connection from the PV Cable to the PV Panel. This incorporates the SOLARLOK 1500V PV4-S interface and meets the latest solar PV needs. SOLARLOK 2.0 connectors are available in both male and female versions and are gel-filled, which is a unique feature in the Solar market to ensure IPx8 water ingress protection.