Looking to reset your Ubiquiti UniFi Access Point (UAP) to factory default settings? Here are the simple steps to do so via UniFi Controller software, SSH, and physical reset.
Important: Do not disconnect your Ubiquiti Ap during any of the three reset processes below.
Option 1: UniFi Controller Reset - Aka “Forget” Device Method
1. Log in to your UniFi Controller. In the Devices page, click on the UAP you wish to reset. This will open the Properties panel.
2. Select the Configuration tab, and click Manage Device to expand.
3. Click the Forget button. This will erase all configuration and history for that device, effectively resetting it.
Option 2: SSH Reset
1. Access your Ubiquiti Ap via SSH. If using Windows, you will need to Download PuTTY, an open-source SSH; Max OSX and Linux have own built-in SSH.
2. Issue the command “syswrapper.sh restore-default”
3. Hit enter. This will reboot your Ubiquiti Ap with factory default settings.
Option 3: Manual Reset
1. Look on the back of your Ubiquiti Ap and locate a small hole (Reset button).
2. Use a paperclip to press the button and hold for 10 seconds. The LEDs should stop glowing.
3. Once your Ubiquiti Ap reboots with factory default settings, the LED light (either white or amber depending on your model) should re-appear.
Note that if you quickly press and release the Reset button on the back of your Ubiquiti Ap, it will just restart your unit.
For more information, see the UniFi AP Quick Start Guide